Are you a fellow Pinterest Addict? Then you are in the right place!
Pinterest has taken over the internet, but when I first got on Pinterest, no one knew what it was. Now, it’s part of daily conversations all over the world, and everyone seems to have become a Pinterest Addict.
“I can do that! I saw this recipe/idea/outfit/hairstyle/etc on Pinterest…”
“Hey, I know how to fix that! I saw a pin on Pinterest…”
And my favorite – “I tried this pin from Pinterest, and it did NOT work!”
Those first few months of being on Pinterest, I thought my head was going to explode. No seriously, it was mind blowing. I could not believe how many things I didn’t know about! For a while, I was practically married to my computer while I pinned to my heart’s content. And I tried tons of new things – recipes, upcycling furniture, art projects, crafty things and re-newed my passion for photography. And I read a million blogs, found a few that I loved and followed them.
Some of my “pin-spirations” worked out great, and some of those trials ended up being disasters. This post was one of my favorites because this dinosaur cake turned out just sooo bad! (click the pic to check it out!)
And some things I tried because they looked so cool, like mercury glass vases, turned out okay, but then I had no place for all the “stuff” I was creating. I had to learn pretty quick to just admire some things from afar, and not try them just for the sake of trying everything to see if it worked!
One thing that bothered me about some of the pins, was that I never knew which ones would work, and which ones would not. And I knew there were others out there that wanted to know too. So, I started my blog to keep a record of the Pins I’ve tried. And over time I’ve added other DIY projects that were going on at our new house, many inspired by what I found on Pinterest. So, Pinterest Addict was born.
And that’s what this blog is all about.
And the way they inspire me.
Or make me laugh at my own ineptitude.
Now that you know how the blog began, want to know a few things about who I am? Here are a few facts about me:
1. My name is Eliesa. You say it “El-leeza”. Don’t worry if you butcher it. Everybody does 🙂
2. We have three daughters, and one son. They are funny and smart, and I couldn’t imagine how boring my life would be without them.
3. We have three dogs, four cats and one bird. We didn’t mean to let it get this crazy with the animals around here, but we are suckers for a cute face that needs us.
4. I love vintage furniture because it’s usually better made than the current stuff, has more style and by buying/refurbishing/re-painting them, we keep them out of the landfills. At this point, most of the hard furniture (dressers, desks, etc) in our house is vintage. And almost everything else has been bought at thrift stores.
5. My favorite color is blue. I would decorate my entire house in blue if I didn’t think it would be over-kill. I might just do it anyway!
6. I am chronically unorganized. I re-buy things all the time because I don’t remember that I already have it. My office is a mess, as is my purse and my car. I lose more things than I care to remember.
I am so glad you stopped by and I hope that you decide to stick around.
Hope you have a “Pin-spired” day!
**By the way, this blog is in no way officially affiliated with Pinterest. I love that site, but they don’t know I exist.